Humans are pretty fascinated by any shortcuts in life. People are always in a time crunch for beauty and skincare, and thus they prefer many ways to get an instant glow. From sheet masks, peel-offs, and serums, all aim to provide you with a beauty boost in no time. One such thing on the bandwagon is IV Drips for beauty and skincare. IV (Intravenous Therapy) is a technique to administer any liquids or medications through the IV bag directly to your veins and eventually the bloodstream.
How does IV Drips work?
IV drips replenish the body by directly providing essential nutrients and vitamins and offering immediate results. It is an even much more rapid process than taking supplements. You only absorb 50% of what you ingest, but with IV, the absorption rate is almost 90%, so it is a lot faster. The body has to go through the digestion process with food and supplements to get it absorbed and go to the right place. With IV drips, the vitamins and nutrients bypass the digestive system and directly get into the bloodstream. IV medications for beauty incorporate a sound combination of antioxidants and nutrients to nourish skin and hair. The treatment rejuvenates, detoxifies, and restores your appearance from the inside.
How do Beauty IV drips impact the skin?
Vitamin deficiency is widespread, which causes hair fall, skin issues, brittle nails, etc. External supplements like creams, soaps, serums do not compensate for internal deficiencies and only provide temporary relief. Oral supplements of vitamins have a low absorption rate, while others can be harsh on the digestive tract. However, an IV drip is faster and provides an inside-out glow.
It is the same logic doctors use to inject an antibiotic into a patient in a hospital, but here it is for the skin. The skin booster people are injecting includes a range of various nutrients that are common in topical skincare and beauty supplements. Many skin-targeted drips contain minerals, such as zinc and magnesium, B-complex vitamins, and vitamin C that help ensure younger, brighter, healthier-looking skin. When combined, other minerals like saline, electrolytes, amino acids, and a glutathione boost effectively improve skin’s appearance and health inside out. It is important to note while IV is an excellent way to get the skin of your dreams, it in no way is a replacement for a healthy and balanced diet.
- IV drips improve physical as well as emotional wellbeing. When your body has the proper balance of vitamins and nutrients, you will feel better, get sick less often, and enjoy mental clarity.
- IV drips flush free radicals, promote healing, provide rehydration and maintain muscle and tissue. Hence, giving you the instant energy boost you need.
- It is much easier to absorb nutrients from IV drips because they are delivered directly to the bloodstream. The IV drip provides vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants directly into your cells.
- It also acts as an efficient hangover cure. Drinking too much alcohol can cause the human body to become electrolyte deficient. IV supplementation promotes recovery by flushing out toxins and restoring the proper balance of electrolytes. It helps the body with metabolizing and breaking down alcohol.
- An IV drip can help with your skin’s texture, tone, and clarity. Ultraviolet light can affect the skin and cause hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone. The antioxidant properties of vitamin C and glutathione inhibit melanogenesis, promoting an even, lighter complexion.
- IV Drip is quite a painless procedure. An experienced healthcare professional will administer an IV to your vein. Only the initial four to five seconds of needle prick would be a little painful. The entire process is about an hour long.
Who Can Get IV Drip treatment?
People who want to boost their immunity or get rid of a particular vitamin deficiency can benefit from IV skincare infusions. It is an excellent option for them. Imagine it as taking a shot of your multivitamin. Anyone can take the IV drips regardless of age. Despite its benefits to your body, there are a few contraindications. Those with weak kidney function, allergies, and so forth should consult a doctor before trying it out.
Future of Beauty and Wellness
The USP of IV drips for beauty is that apart from delivering skin nutrients widely and quickly, the results are immediate. There is a visible difference in the skin’s texture within 24 hours of the treatment. People do it regularly, even twice a week, and some prefer to have it before a big event to pump up the skin. It is refining and becoming a standard toolkit for prevention, health, and beauty.
The use of IV vitamin drips can promote an active and healthy lifestyle. Even for people who enjoy balancing out their fitness regimen with a little bit of partying! Other benefits are associated with IV drips, such as treating skin conditions and overcoming jet lag. We might see IV vitamin drips become even more common in the coming years as more people become aware of the benefits of IV drips.
Welona is Chennai’s first wellness and beauty IV Drip centre. We have a team of expert dermatologists offering customized and personalised IV drip treatments. Book an appointment with Welona to get the best skincare treatment and be the new you!
- Are IV Drips safe?
Always consult your dermatologist for your skin; generally, IV drips are a safe procedure. You don’t need any care post-treatment apart from the regular skincare regime.
- What is the cost of IV Drips?
Beauty IV drips are pocket friendly and affordable. But, health insurance does not cover IV drips, so it has to go from your pocket. The price ranges from $ 50-$70 accordingly.
- Any health and wellness benefits apart from beauty benefits?
The formation of free radicals can reduce metabolism. IV drips contain glutathione, an antioxidant that helps in eliminating free radicals and improves metabolism.
- Where can I get the process done?
Different sets provide IV drip treatment. You can have IV drips at home, clinic, hospitals, urgent care centres, and IV bars.