Dry hair, one of the most common issues that make your hair frizzy, unmanageable, and unshiny. It also lacks luster and is prone to hair fall in both men and women. At the same time, dry hair is often associated with genetics; many other reasons, such as unhealthy lifestyle, stress, and lack of sleep, cause dry hair. However, you can easily tackle dry hair problems with specific changes in lifestyle and hair care treatments. Here are some things that can treat and prevent dry hair:
What is Dry Hair?
Dry hair is what it is, and it looks dry. It feels brittle in its texture. Additionally, there is every chance that your hair could have split ends. Amongst other things, it seems undernourished typically, could have dandruff, and have an itchy scalp. Dry hair can also lead to a lot more knots and look very unhealthy.
Reasons for Dry hair
There are many reasons for dry hair. Here are just some of the reasons:
- Swimming in chlorine water or saltwater
- Using certain kinds of shampoos and conditioners that do not suit your hair
- Using a blow-dryer too often
- Putting pressure on the hair with flat irons, curlers, rollers, and more
- Staying out in the sun for too long
- Climatic reasons such as living in hot and dry areas
- Washing your hair very often
- Being harsh with how you comb your hair
- Aging and hormonal imbalance
- Medical conditions such as hypoparathyroidism, hypothyroidism, Menkes syndrome, and more
Ways to Prevent Dry Hair
If you want to prevent having dry hair, there are certain things you can do to make your hair look and feel better. It includes changing what you eat, what products you use, and some lifestyle changes. Here are certain things you can do to stop or prevent dryness in your hair:
- Avoid too much exposure to sunlight: Exposure to sunlight can damage your hair and increase its dryness. So, wear a hat or a scarf and protect your hair when you venture out during the day.
- Do not shampoo your hair daily: Shampoos, as they keep your hair clean, also tend to take away some of the essential natural oils. So, though you must shampoo regularly, please do not overdo it.
- Use mild shampoos and conditioners: There are many shampoos and conditioners available in the market. However, some may be harsher than others. Pick the shampoo and conditioner that suits your hair type.
- Use your conditioner correctly: Many use their conditioner the wrong way. Massage the conditioner and let it rest for a while for the best results. When used right, conditioners can lead to bouncy and healthy hair.
- Treat your hair to an oil massage: Massaging your hair with oil before you shampoo from time to time can help the health of your hair. Natural oils like coconut oil, castor oil, olive oil are all excellent options.
- Be gentle with your hair: Be kind and gentle with your hair, do not use very hot water when you wash your hair. Ensure that as you comb or brush your hair, you use a soft comb or brush and that you do it right.
- Do not use styling products excessively: There are many styling products available in the market, including hair-dryers, curling irons, flat irons, hair coloring, and more. Let your hair dry naturally, avoid using these products extensively.
- Avoid smoking: Believe it or not, smoking does not only affect your lungs. It also makes your hair drier by removing the moisture from the hair. So, for the sake of your body and hair, avoid smoking.
- Eat healthily: Many foods are great for healthy hair. Some of the items you can make a part of your diet include green leafy vegetables, walnuts, bell peppers, lentils, green peas, and more. As a thumb rule, avoid junk food and eat healthily.
Best Treatment for Dry Hair
If you are already suffering from dry hair, there are some things that you can do.
- Wear Masks: Many deep conditioning masks that are available provide nutrients that your hair needs to stay and look healthy. Try and use the mask and ensure that you repeat it once a week.
- Shampoo and Condition your Hair: You can get over-the-counter shampoo and conditioners that are great and best suited for your hair. However, use it right and rinse it thoroughly.
- Check for the perfect conditioner: A good conditioner that works is essential. For instance, if you color your hair, many conditioners work best for colored hair. So choose the product that will work for you.
- Regular Oiling: People with dry hair should get into the habit of oiling their hair at least twice a week. It conditions your hair and provides all the nourishment it needs to keep your hair away from hair problems. Good quality Mahabhringraj, sesame seed oil, and castor oil do an excellent job. You can add your favorite essential oil, such as lavender or peppermint, to make it softer and promote hair growth.
- Avoid heat styling: Once in a while, hairstyling does not hurt, but frequent exposure to ironing, straightening, and so on can cause long-term damage to your hair. Minimize the usage of styling products, and soon your hair will show tremendous results. Also, experts advise using the normal or warm temperature of the water when washing your hair. So, use less heat on your hair and let your hair heal.
- Speak to an expert: If you are trying to do everything to protect your hair but are still struggling with dry hair, speak to an expert dermatologist in Chennai. They can provide you specialized solutions and help deal with the issues you face after diagnosing the problem correctly.
Best Hair Care Clinic In Chennai
Welona, skin, hair, and slimming center in Chennai has some of the best solutions for your hair care problems. If you are struggling with hair fall, bald patches, hair thinning, dandruff, or dry hair, our experts can offer the best suitable options to you. Talk to our experts now!