Are you pulling your hair out because anything you tried for hair loss didn’t work? Don’t worry. We at Welona have got your back! Before we jump to the solution, we must learn why hair loss occurs.
Causes Of Hair Loss
Some causes include:
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Poor hygiene
- Hormonal imbalances
- Medical conditions and
- Certain medications
Types Of Hair Loss
It is medically termed as alopecia, also has different stages and types. At Welona, we treat several types of hair loss. Common types of alopecia are as follows:
- Androgenetic Alopecia: One of the most common types of hair loss in men/women is Androgenetic Alopecia. The most common cause of this condition is genetic and hormonal factors. It generally results in a receding hairline and baldness on the top of the head among men. In women, it leads to diffuse hair thinning.
- Involutional alopecia – It is a natural and gradual hair thinning occurring with age. It is one of the common types of hair loss and is unrelated to any disease or medical condition. As people age, their hair growth cycle begins to slow down, resulting in fewer active hair follicles and thinner hair overall.
- Alopecia Areata (patchy hair loss) – About 2% of the world’s population suffer from Alopecia Areata at some point. It is an autoimmune condition in which your immune system attacks hair follicles. It leaves round patches of hair loss on the body or scalp.
- Telogen Effluvium: This kind of hair loss typically happens due to significant stress or shock to the body, causing a large number of hairs to enter the resting phase (telogen) and fall out after a few months.
- Traction Alopecia: This condition can occur due to excessive pulling or tension on the hair due to tight hairstyles like braids, ponytails, or hair extensions.
- Anagen Effluvium: This is usually a side effect of specific medical treatments, such as chemotherapy, which disrupts the hair growth phase (anagen).
Prevention of Hair Loss
Preventing hair loss can be challenging. At Welona, we suggest you take the following steps to keep your hair intact and reduce the risk of excessive hair fall:
- Follow a balanced diet with green leafy vegetables and different fruits.
- Avoid harsh hairstyles and treatments.
- Go easy when washing and drying. Use a mild shampoo.
- Reduce heat styling.
- Manage stress through rest, exercise, and meditation.
- Avoid smoking and limit alcohol.
- Massage your scalp regularly.
- Stay hydrated.
- Protect your hair from the sun.
- Consult a professional if you notice excessive hair loss or significant changes in your hair.
Remember losing some hair is natural and part of the growth cycle. However, if you’re concerned about the extent of hair loss, seeking professional advice early on can be beneficial. You can visit the nearest Welona branch in Chennai and get expert advice.
Hair Loss Treatments at Welona
Hair loss treatments will vary from person to person, and their cause for hair thinning. Here are the different treatments provided by Welona.
Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP)
PRP offers a natural approach to addressing hair fall. PRP contains platelets, which are natural stimulants for hair growth. Through centrifugation, concentrated plasma, rich in platelets, is separated from the blood. Your dermatologist will inject this plasma into your scalp to promote hair growth, consistently yielding excellent results.
It is an effective hair treatment for men dealing with alopecia. This non-invasive procedure involves superficially injecting a nutrient cocktail into the scalp in areas experiencing hair loss. By enhancing blood circulation, mesotherapy stimulates hair growth. This method has garnered significant interest and is becoming a leading choice for hair care treatments in Chennai.
Stem Cell Therapy
In the world of hair regrowth, stem cell therapy has emerged as a powerful treatment. It involves using your stem cells to stimulate hair growth. The process involves four steps:
- Harvesting: Collecting stem cells from various sources in the patient’s body, such as fatty tissue or bone marrow.
- Processing: Isolating and processing the cells. It might include a process to increase the cell numbers.
- Injecting: Processed cells are injected into the patient’s scalp in areas of hair loss.
- Growth Stimulation: Stem cells stimulate the inactive hair follicles, resulting in hair regrowth.
It has been made possible by advanced scientific technologies in the modern era. Hair transplant surgery, in particular, has been a lifesaver for many. This procedure involves extracting healthy hair from the body and implanting it in areas with thinning or no hair. Here’s a simple breakdown of how experts at Welona will perform the hair transplant surgery:
- The suitable area for hair extraction, known as the donor area, is carefully identified, and hair extraction happens here.
- The harvested hair is then placed in the balding or thinning areas, also known as the recipient area. While the initially placed hair may shed, new hair grows from the transplanted hair follicles, resulting in natural growth.
- Our team of skilled hair surgeons conducts the procedure, typically taking 4 to 6 hours to complete. It is an outpatient procedure with minimal recovery time.
- Patients are advised to follow simple post-surgery steps to keep the operated area clean and sterile. Hair growth in the recipient area will be visible within a month, and consistently people worldwide have seen positive results across the world.
Hair transplant has emerged as one of Chennai’s most effective methods for treating excessive hair fall.
Best Hair Loss Treatments in Chennai At Welona
Welona, Slimming, Skin and Hair Clinic in Chennai offer personalized hair loss solutions at affordable rates. We at Welona are committed to technology, customised care, scientifically-proven treatments, holistic approach and quality aftercare. When you visit us, you will be given different options for hair loss based on what suits you the best. Rest assured that you’ll receive Chennai’s best hair care treatment. When it comes to unlocking hair growth secrets, Welona holds the master key. Contact Welona and find the solution you have been looking for.