What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is one of the most sought-after treatments to get rid of unwanted body hair. It is a practical, painless, and seamless way to get the smoother and beach-ready skin you ever wanted. Thanks to technological advancement, more and more people are opting for laser hair removal treatment.
You can get this treatment at both salon and professional dermatology clinic, as both aim to give you the same outcome. However, the process, efficiency, technology, cost, and result will have huge differences.
Being bored and exhausted from waxing, threading, shaving, and all other hair removal methods, I decided to try laser hair removal. I took sessions at both the salon and clinic, and for you to make the best choice, here are significant differences you need to know about salon laser hair removal vs. clinic laser hair removal.
Salon Laser Hair Removal
For people that are not happy with shaving, waxing, threading, or tweezing, salon laser hair removal is a viable option. It is a standard procedure for removing hair from hands, legs, underarms, bikini lines, face, and other body areas.
Salon Laser Hair Removal – Procedure
Typically, salons use a portable IPL machine to remove unwanted hair. It involves damaging the hair follicles under the skin using laser beams. Each pulse of the laser light takes a few seconds and can treat many follicles simultaneously. Small and delicate areas such as upper lips can be treated in just a minute, while larger areas like legs and back might take about an hour. It might take about 6-9 sessions to get rid of 60-70% of hair. However, after taking so many sessions, I observed that the hair growth had lessened but not permanently removed. Therefore, though you may be hair free for longer than other treatments, this solution is not permanent.
Clinic Laser Hair Removal
When it comes to clinic laser hair removal, there are several options. It includes Alexandrite laser hair removal, Ruby laser hair removal, Nd and LP Nd, and Diode laser hair removal. Amongst all the options, one of the most result-oriented and trusted treatments is the diode laser. It reduces the hair density drastically by targeting the pigment in hair follicles using pulses of laser light. Though the primary job of the diode laser is to remove hair, it might help with the treatment of hyperpigmentation and spider veins as well.
Clinic Laser Hair Removal – Procedure
I was disappointed with the salon hair removal and opted for diode laser hair removal treatment at a professional dermatology clinic. Experts said it was the most successful laser hair removal treatment for both light and dark-skinned people. The procedure involves a handheld laser machine moving on the treatment area, which has a cooling technology called ChiliTip. It can treat large body areas in just 10 minutes and works well on areas like the back, chest, legs, facial areas, and more. I was amazed by the result right after the first session. After taking 12 diode laser hair removal sessions, I was free of 95% unwanted facial and body hair, which surprisingly did not grow back.
The Clear-Cut Difference Between The Two
If you are confused about the best place to get laser hair removal done, the clear-cut differences are between the two.
- Device: Currently, the market is loaded with laser hair removal devices that only disappoint us with their results. Many salons use these devices, which are not FDA-approved and may cause many complications during and after using them. Redness, swelling, and itching are the most common complications with such equipment. However, when you deal with a professional clinic, they make sure to treat you with an FDA-approved device to give you maximum results with minimum discomfort.
- Setup: Not many people know that laser hair removal can be done only at a particular setup. When performing laser hair treatment, you need a specific room temperature, room ambiance, and skin temperature. It majorly impacts the overall process and result of the treatment. Professionals at dermatology clinics take care of every detail with precision. However, this is hardly possible when performing laser hair removal at a salon.
- Safety: As with any treatment, you must first focus on safety. The safety measures range from using the right equipment to following proper protocol and keeping the clinic hygienic. These measures will ensure you have the best laser hair removal experience. Salons typically have non-qualified practitioners who can ruin the entire experience of the treatment. The risk of burns, blisters, and scars is higher in salons. Fortunately, treatment at a professional dermatology clinic will follow all safety measures to ensure you have a comfortable, efficient, and result-oriented session without hassle.
- Result: Everyone desires to have a satisfactory solution for unwanted hair. Many salons claim to eliminate unwanted hair in the first session and promise a hair-free life. However, it is hardly the case with laser hair removal treatment. You need multiple sessions and, in some instances, yearly follow-ups for maintenance purposes. Also, cheap salon machines only work on certain skin tones and hair colors, while clinical treatment is suitable for all skin tones and hair colors. Most of this information will not be shared with you at a salon. It will lead to disappointing results. However, professional dermatology clinics have a full-disclosure policy that will give you a clear idea of what to expect from the treatment.
- Cost: Cost is one of the significant factors when considering laser hair removal treatment in Chennai. Most salons use IPL equipment for the treatment, which is cheaper and less effective in the long run. It also requires more sessions than other professional equipment such as Diode lasers. Cheaper equipment leads to cheaper costs, and that is how salons lure their customers into laser hair removal treatment. Professional treatment may sound expensive at first glance but is much more successful and effective in the long run.
Best Technology for Professional Laser Hair Removal
LightSheer diode lasers by Lumenis is an FDA-approved laser technology that promises to reduce hair growth by up to 95% in about 12 – 14 sessions. Though the number of sessions varies from person to person, most people start seeing the result after the first session of LightSheer laser treatment. This technology includes damaging the chromophores by selectively heating them and leaving the surrounding tissues undamaged. The cooling technology helps to improve patient comfort and efficiency of the treatment. Whether you want to get rid of unwanted facial and body hair, this treatment is ideal and available for men and women.
Benefits of LightSheer Laser Hair Removal over Salon Laser Hair Removal
|Issue Type||Salon Laser Hair Removal||Clinic Laser Hair Removal|
|Time||3 to 4+ hours (depending on the body part)||0.5 to 2 hours (depending on the body part)|
|Side Effects||Burn, Blister, and Scarring||No Side Effect|
|Skin Type||Dark||All Skin Type|
|Hair Type||Coarse||All Hair Type|
|Result||No Guaranteed Result||95% Guaranteed Result|
|Expert||Non-Professional Staff||Certified Dermatologist|
Again, both treatments focus on removing unwanted body and facial hair. However, clinic laser treatment is more effective in equipment, process, and result. LightSheer laser is a professional laser trusted by dermatologist experts across the world. On the other hand, salon laser treatment may not involve guaranteed results and a hassle-free experience. Moreover, you will not have best-in-class people to treat you at the salon.
LightSheer Laser Hair Removal by Welona
Welona, Skin, Hair, and Slimming center is one of the most trusted skincare centers in Chennai. We believe in giving the best skin, hair, and slimming treatment to our clients because nothing triumphs over customer satisfaction for us.
By introducing the LightSheer diode laser at Welona, we want our clients to have a world-class laser hair removal experience. It is your best bet if you wish to have smooth, hairless, and beach-ready skin without hassle. We have a team of experts that are transparent in their approach and will make sure you have a seamless experience in the entire process. So, get ready to have smooth, luminous, and super-soft hairless skin with Welona’s LightSheer Laser Hair Removal Treatment. Contact Welona experts now and be the new you!