Acne and acne scars are common skin conditions affecting millions of people globally. There are multiple causes of acne, which can be distressing. While dermatologists can treat mild acne by prescribing over-the-counter medication, sometimes you need advanced acne and scar treatment for severe acne.
According to NCBI, Acne Vulgaris affects about 9.4% of the world’s population. Though the prevalence of the condition in age and ethnic group may vary, it does affect the quality of life of the suffering individuals. Thankfully, with the advent of new technologies in dermatology, treatment for advanced acne and acne scars is now possible.
Welona, a renowned skin clinic in Chennai, has emerged as a sanctuary offering treatment for advanced acne and marks. With expert knowledge, a holistic approach and cutting-edge technology, Welona aims to restore skin’s health and vitality, helping individuals embrace their natural beauty. Here is everything you need to know about advanced acne and acne scar treatment at Welona.
What Causes Acne and Acne Scars?
There are many factors that influence acne and acne scars. Here are some of them:
- Sebum Overproduction: Your sebaceous glands might overproduce sebum (oil production), leading to clogged pores that form acne.
- Clogged Pores: When your pores are clogged, it encourages dead skin cells, oil, bacteria and dirt to trap in the pores, leading to acne.
- Hormonal Changes: Changes in hormones during puberty, menstruation, pregnancy, or a stressful situation can trigger acne by increasing sebum production and inflammation.
- Diet: Though there is not much research available to prove that diet can trigger acne, some research does say carbohydrate-rich foods like bread, bagels and chips might cause breakouts and acne.
- Stress: Stress can affect our bodies in various ways, including hormone changes. While this can be temporary, hormonal changes can worsen the acne and acne scars.
- Certain Medication: Some medications containing corticosteroids, testosterone, or lithium can trigger and worsen acne.
- Inflammation: Deep and pus-filled acne are usually more prone to inflammation, which damages the skin’s collagen, leading to scars.
- Picking Pimples: The most common cause of acne scarring is the picking, poking, popping or squeezing of acne. It can push bacteria and debris deeper into the skin, sometimes causing severe scarring.
- Delayed Treatment: Most people think acne will go away on its own. However, the more you delay the treatment, the harder it is to treat, and the risk of hyperpigmentation also gets higher.
Top 5 Advanced Treatments for Acne and Acne Scars at Welona
Fractional CO2 Laser
The CO2 Laser is a breakthrough non-surgical option for skin rejuvenation. Using advanced technology, carbon dioxide (CO2) laser equipment resurfaces the skin, enhancing collagen production. When collagen is produced, the skin naturally heals itself by forming new skin cells. Your skin undergoes a complete regeneration that evens out imperfection caused by boxcar, rolling or ice-pick scars. Your dermatologist can adjust the treatment intensity according to your skin type and scar condition. Through this treatment, you will notice a significant improvement in acne scars.
Plasma-rich Plasma (PRP) Treatment
PRP treatment treats many conditions, including acne, and acne scars and hair loss. In the process, your doctor will draw your, usually from the arms and process it in a centrifuge machine. The machine separates the white and red blood cells from the blood and leaves pure platelets. They will inject these platelets into scar sites to promote healing and stimulate collagen and elastin growth.
Micro-Needling Radio Frequency (MNRF) Treatment
Microneedling with radiofrequency is an advanced treatment that enhances skin texture. In this process, the needles are punctured into the skin with a preselected depth. Radiofrequency is then passed through these needles to heat the dermis and epidermis. It helps in the regeneration of collagen and the production of new elastin. You get refreshed, youthful, and visibly less-scarred skin after the treatment.
Microneedling is effective in treating acne and acne scars. The process involves rolling tiny equipment with mini-needles onto your skin. It punctures the skin and causes temporary physical trauma, increasing collagen production and improving acne and acne scars. It is an excellent process to rebuild the deeper layer of your skin.
Q Switch Laser
It is a non-invasive procedure that breaks down the skin cells using powerful laser beam pulses. It destroys bacteria/fungi, shrinks the oil gland, removes hyperpigmentation, and stimulates collagen production. Most people start seeing great results in just a few sessions of Q Switch laser treatment.
Why Welona For Acne and Acne Scar Treatment In Chennai
Welona, Skin, Hair and Slimming Clinic can offer various acne and acne scar treatments in Chennai. We have certified dermatologists and qualified specialists who thoroughly examine your skin before suggesting treatment. After assessing your skin’s condition, they will discuss your goals and offer one or a combination of treatments for achieving the best result. Our dermatologist will also explain the risks and benefits in detail about the treatment for you to make a better decision. Contact Welona now and be the new you!