In today’s day and age, many of us look to lose those extra pounds to feel healthy and fit. You may want to lose weight to improve your health and reduce the risk of certain conditions. It is because many health conditions such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and blood pressure result from excessive weight. However, many people believe weight loss is a tedious and complicated process. They tend to follow a strict diet and rigorous workout to lose weight quickly yet not find desired results. However, losing weight should not be complicated. Here are some simple and effective weight loss tips that will give you desired results and help you manage a healthy lifestyle.
16/8 Intermittent Fasting for Sustainable Weight Loss
Intermittent fasting or IF is a kind of eating pattern, where a person eats for a period and then does fasting for a period. For example, a person that follows IF will generally eat for 24 hours and then fast for the next 24 hours. However, many find this problematic and impractical. So, following a 16/8 method is gaining more popularity. In this, you will restrict your eating hours to 8 and then fast for the next 16 hours. Most people choose to fast between 6 PM to 10 AM, which is most convenient as you sleep for 8 hours during your IF. It has many benefits:
- Your sugar level reduces.
- Your body turns fat into energy.
- Human growth hormones increase.
- You lose sustainable weight.
Say Hello to Fruits and Vegetables
The reason fruits and vegetables are favorite amongst weight loss couches and experts are that they are fiber-rich and low in calories and fat. All of this is important for healthy weight loss. Apart from that, fruits and vegetables are high in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and essential nutrients that help keep your body fuller and energized all through the day. Focus on eating more water-based fruits and vegetables such as melons, berries, kiwi, apples, oranges, green leafy vegetables, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, carrots, and beans can help you lose body fat faster. Apart from losing weight, you will also have glowing skin and healthy hair by eating more fruits and vegetables.
Naturally, Lose Weight with Protein
Many people have this belief that protein is for weight gain. But health experts believe protein is the essential nutrient when you want to lose weight and build muscles. Taking an appropriate amount of protein intake boosts your metabolism and reduces your appetite. Also, when you replace carbs and fat with protein, your weight regulating hormones change, keeping you fuller for a long time and reducing craving and hunger. Especially if you are looking to burn belly fat, you must take protein through food or supplements. Many studies also suggest protein calms your mind, lowers stress levels, and better your sleep.
Lead an Active Lifestyle
One of the most important reasons for excessive weight is a sedentary lifestyle and lack of exercise. Being active is amongst the practical weight loss tips that will provide you with many other health benefits, including sustainable weight loss. Active lifestyle includes both healthy eating and working out. Start with 30 minutes of walking every day, then slowly take it to resistance and strength training. According to research, a combination of aerobics, strength, and resistance training can have long-term results on your body. Also, make sure you allocate time for stretching and meditation every day. It will keep your body flexible and mind-focused. Also, be watchful about what and how much you eat every day. You will probably have to work out more if your calorie intake is more.
Follow Some No-Brainer Weight Loss Tips
Yes, there are some no-brainer weight loss tips when it comes to losing weight. Here are some of them:
- Never skip your breakfast. Eat a healthy breakfast filled with fiber and nutrition. Skipping breakfast makes you more hungry, and you may end up snacking.
- Eat smaller portions at regular intervals. It will help to burn calories faster and reduce the temptation of snacking fatty and sugary food.
- Drink at least eight glasses of water. It keeps you hydrated and fuller. However, you can substitute water with lemon water or green tea sometimes.
- Choose healthier options by reading the ingredients and labels. Check the calorie, sugar, and fat content on everything you buy and consume.
- Use small plates or bowls for food and eat slowly. Note that it takes about 15-20 minutes for the stomach to signal that it is full to the brain. So eat slowly and enjoy your meal.
- One of the most crucial weight loss tips is that you should not ban any food. Banning food can lead to more carvings, so occasional treats are permissible.
- Avoid buying junk food in your house. Chocolate, chips, and sugary drinks are addictive and can cause excessive weight.
- Snack healthy. Get unsalted peanuts, jaggery cookies, fresh fruit juice, and so on.
- Say no to alcohol. The calorie count piece of chocolate is equal to a wine glass. Over time, it can contribute to weight gain.
- Make sure you eat only when you are hungry. Let your stomach be your guide.
- Make sure you get 8 hours of sleep every day and keep yourself away from stress, among other weight loss tips. Both lead to tiredness and weight gain.
Consider Weight Loss Treatment
Technology and science have evolved very much. Today, apart from following weight loss tips, you can consider going for weight loss treatments. Laser liposuction, ultrasound fat reduction, CoolSculpting, and Radiofrequency are all viable options for weight loss. These treatments work well if you are looking for great results quickly. There are both invasive and non-invasive weight loss treatments that you can choose. However, you must consult an expert in Chennai who can suggest the best treatment for you.
Welona, Skin, Hair, and Slimming center is one of the weight loss clinics in Chennai. We have a professional team with expert doctors who can analyze and suggest a suitable weight-loss option. Talk to our expert now!