Skin care routine is essential, though some might think skincare and having a regime for skincare is vain and an unnecessary indulgence. It’s for people with nothing better to do with their lives and want to look good.
However, these kinds of assumptions cannot be further from the truth. There are good things that come out when you have a skin care routine. It could help with treating blemishes, acne, dry skin, and issues that otherwise go noticed or unnoticed on the skin. For this, you will need to know your skin first and then get the right kind of routine that would potentially treat your skin. A good expert in Chennai can help you with the nuances of taking care of the skin. The emphasis is on making sure you find the expert that works for you; else, they can ruin your skin and skin condition further.
Importance of Skin Care Routine for Mind and Mental Health
Superficial as it may be, how you look at the first impression with people. According to the American Psychological Association, there is a link between skin and psychology. Therefore, skin care is essential to reap the benefits and feel good about yourself. Some people think it is vital, while others think having a skin care routine is superficial. You will be surprised at how having a healthy skincare routine can change how your mental health improves and how you feel better facing the challenges that the world throws at you. Here are some reasons why a skin care routine is essential for mental health.
Skin Care Routine as a Stability Option
Having a regiment and maintaining a routine is vital for the mind and body. Be it exercise, the right time you eat, the right time to sleep and so on, affect your health and feel physically and emotionally. Making a routine and sticking with it helps a lot of people. Particularly people that suffer from loneliness, depression and bipolar disorder. It provides them with a regime on what needs to be done next to help them focus.
Stop the Spiral
Often the long days and nights could lead to negativity. When you care for your skin, it could lead to some time away from the spiralling thoughts. Simple things like warm water washing and massaging your skin can help you divert attention. A routine like cleansing, toning, moisturizing, and sunscreen helps your mind focus on what you are doing. You can easily say concentrating on your body can make you more mindful.
Skin Care Routine is Important For Relaxation
A face massage, a warm bath, or applying a face mask can all be very relaxing things to the body. There are over the counter packs, homemade packs and experts in Chennai. During the day or the evening, getting some time off and focusing on yourself can make you feel distressed and relaxed.
Sharing is Caring
When looking at skincare, you can make an event of it by sharing it with your loved ones. If you make your skincare routine a couple or a team event, both can enjoy it and make it a fun experience. It makes the people involved come together, share, and even make you closer. You can take this time out to share and indulge in investing time and effort in the relationship.
Help Yourself to Help Others
‘God helps those who help themselves, they say. It cannot be further than the truth, even when it comes to something that comes to skincare. When you look better, you also feel great. Subsequently, you feel a lot less stressed when you feel better and treat the people around you better. Skincare helps you improve blood circulation and then go on to help in leading to general wellbeing.
Simple Tips for Skin Care Routine
With age, skin care routine changes; however, a few things that remain the same for all age group includes the following:
- Cleansing: Cleansing your face with a mild face wash is the first step towards your skin care routine. Use the face wash twice a day in the morning and before bedtime.
- Toning: Toning is essential to balance the pH level of your skin. Apart from closing open pores, it also helps to nourish, soothe and hydrate the skin. If you regularly use a good toner, your skin will be less prone to excess oil production, inflammation, and infection.
- Serums: Serums come in many forms. There are anti-ageing serums, Vitamin C serums, anti-acne serums and more. Select the one you prefer and apply it after cleansing your face.
- Moisturizer: Over some time, our skin tends to lose its moisture and become dry. That’s why using moisturizer twice a day is essential. Apply quick-absorbing moisturizer twice a day after serum.
- Sunscreen: Harmful UV-Rays are one of the most common reasons for skin damage. Apply sunscreen with 30+ SPF and protect your skin when moving out in the sun.
- Night Cream: Use a night cream that helps to hydrate your skin overnight. If you don’t want to invest in expensive night creams, then go with aloe vera gel, and you will keep your skin intact.
Note: No matter whether you choose chemical, herbal or natural products, make sure you always choose products that go well with your skin type and sensitivity. Read the label and pick a paraben-free product, dermatologically tested, non-comedogenic, and hypoallergenic. Do a patch test on your skin before using it on your face.
Best Dermatology Clinic In Chennai For Skin Issues
Welona Slimming, Skin and Hair clinic in Chennai has skin specialists with vast experience in dermatology, trichology and other aesthetic dermatology. It is one of the leading dermatology clinics in Chennai, with the most innovative technology used in treating skin and hair issues. Whether you are looking for acne scar treatment, laser hair removal, PRP hair loss treatment or anti-ageing treatment, all you need to do is book an appointment with Welona’s experts. They will offer you the best possible treatments.